Ankle pain involves any discomfort in one or both ankles.
Pain – ankle, Kuthi kal vali, Leg Pain,
- Ankle pain is often due to an ankle sprain.
- An ankle sprain is an injury to the ligaments, which connect bones to one another.
- In most cases, the ankle is twisted inward, causing small tears in the ligaments. The tearing leads to swelling and bruising, making it difficult to bear weight on the joint.
In addition to ankle sprains, ankle pain can be caused by:
- Damage or swelling of tendons (which join muscles to bone) or cartilage (which cushions joints)
- Infection in the ankle joint
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Reiter syndrome
- Other types of arthritis
Problems in areas near the ankle that can cause you to feel pain in the ankle include:
- Blockage of blood vessels in the leg
- Heel pain or injuries
- Nerve injuries (such as tarsal tunnel syndrome or sciatica)
- Home care for ankle pain depends on the cause and what other treatment or surgery has taken place. You may be asked to:
- Rest your ankle for several days. Try NOT to put much weight on your ankle.
- Put on an ACE bandage. You also can buy a brace that supports your ankle.
- Keep your foot raised above the level of your heart. When you are sitting or sleeping, place two pillows under your ankle.
- Ice the area right away. Apply ice for 10-15 minutes every hour for the first day. Then, apply ice every 3-4 hours for 2 more days.
As the swelling and pain improve, you may still need to keep extra weight stress off your ankle for a period of time.
- The injury may take a few weeks to many months to fully heal.
- Once the pain and swelling are mostly gone, the injured ankle will still be a little weaker and less stable than the uninjured ankle.
- You will need to start exercises to strengthen your ankle and avoid injury in the future.
- Do not begin these exercises until a health care professional tells you it is safe to start.
- You will also need to work on your balance and agility.
- Lose weight if you are overweight. Extra pounds put strain on your ankles.
- Warm up before exercising. Stretch the muscles and tendons that support the ankle.
- Avoid sports and activities for which you are not properly conditioned.
- Make sure that shoes fit you properly. Avoid high-heeled shoes.
- If you are prone to ankle pain or twisting your ankle during certain activities, use ankle support braces. These include air casts, ACE bandages, or lace-up ankle supports.
- Work on your balance and do agility exercises.
Symptomatic Homeopathy medicines help for Ankle Pain, so it’s good to consult an experienced Homeopathy physician without any hesitation.
For more details & Consultation Feel free to contact us.
Vivekanantha Clinic Consultation Champers at
Pondicherry:- 9865212055 (Camp)
Mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
For appointment please Call us or Mail Us
For appointment: SMS your Name -Age – Mobile Number – Problem in Single word – date and day – Place of appointment (Eg: Rajini – 30 – 99xxxxxxx0 – Pain in leg, ankle pain, kuthikal vali, குதிகால் வலி, கால் வலி, – 21st Oct, Sunday – Chennai ), You will receive Appointment details through SMS
Feel Free to Contact us