Pain and stiffness in body is called arthritis. Most kinds of arthritis cause pain and swelling in joints. Joints are places where two bones meet, such as elbow or knee. Over time, a swollen joint can become severely damaged. Some kinds of arthritis can also cause problems in organs,
Types of Arthritis and symptoms
- Osteoarthritis: This type of arthritis occurs in the joints especially in the hands and the weight bearing parts of the body. Joints include knee, hip and the spine. This type of arthritis occurs because of the break down in cartilage. Cartilage is a tissue that cushions the ends of bones within the joint. In osteoarthritis, the cartilage begins to fray and may entirely wear away. Osteoarthritis can cause joint pain and stiffness.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: It is a type of chronic or long-lasting disease which mainly affects the joints in the body. Here in this type the immune system of the body causes the swelling in the joints. This inflammation then spreads to surrounding tissues damaging the cartilage and the bones. This creates the pain, stiffness, swelling joint damage and loss of function of some of the bones.
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: This is a rare type of arthritis which mainly affects the children. It causes the pain, stiffness, swelling, loss of function of the joints. The reason for the cause for this type of arthritis is not known till now. But it is considered that it is an autoimmune disease. Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis is not hereditary.
- Gout: Gout is created because of the deposits of needle-like crystals of uric acid in the joints. These crystals cause inflammation, swelling, and pain in the affected joint, which is often the big toe. Apart from toe it affects foot, ankle, knee etc.
- Infectious Arthritis: This type of arthritis is caused by infectious agents such as bacteria or viruses. Early diagnosis and treatment with for this arthritis can get rid of the infection and minimize damage to the joints.
- Psoriatic Arthritis: This type of arthritis occurs in patients with psoriasis. Psoriatic arthritis often affects the joints at the ends of the fingers and toes. Back pain will occur if the spine is involved.
- Fibromyalgia: This causes a widespread pain at tender points such as head, neck, spine, hips, elbows and shoulders of the body. These points of the body are highly sensitive to touch and produce pain. People with fibromyalgia usually have fatigue, disturbed sleep and stiffness. Fibromyalgia does not cause any joint or muscle damage.
- Lupus: It is a type of disease that mainly affects the skin and the joints and in some cases it may affect the internal organs also such as the kidneys, lungs or heart. Women are more affected by this diseases then there counterparts.
- Bursitis and tendonitis: Bursitis and tendonitis are caused by irritation from injuring or overusing a joint. Bursitis affects a small sac called the bursa that helps to cushion the muscles and tendons surrounding the joint. Tendonitis affects the tendons that attach muscle to bone.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: This is a type of chronic inflammatory arthritis that mainly affects the spine and pelvis. It causes the pain and stiffness in the back it is caused because of the swelling and the irritation of the spinal joints. These causes can eventually limit the mobility of the joints.
- Reactive arthritis: This is a temporary inflammation of the joints as a reaction to an infection elsewhere in the body.
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica: This is an inflammatory condition affecting the muscles and soft tissues in the shoulder and upper arm, buttocks and thighs. It causes tiredness, stiffness, loss of weight and occasionally circulation problems.Causes Arthritis involves the breakdown of cartilage. Cartilage normally protects the joint, allowing for smooth movement. Cartilage also absorbs shock when pressure is placed on the joint, like when you walk. Without the usual amount of cartilage, the bones rub together, causing pain, swelling (inflammation), and stiffness.
Joint inflammation has many reasons, including:
- An autoimmune disease (the body attacks itself because the immune system believes a body part is foreign)
- Broken bone
- General “wear and tear” on joints
- Infection (usually caused by bacteria or viruses)
- Some injuries and diseases,
- Osteoarthritis more likely to occur in old age.
- Being overweight
- Previously injuring the affected joint
- Using the affected joint in a repetitive action that puts stress on the joint (baseball players, ballet dancers, and construction workers are all at risk)
- Arthritis is a very common condition affecting most people at least once in their lifetime.
- People of any age can show signs of arthritis with some signs of joint inflammation being present in most people in their middle age.
- Arthritis can be a debilitating condition in most people causing a loss of productivity and sometimes making simple day to day tasks difficult to perform. There are many symptoms accompanying arthritis as there are more than a 100 different types of arthritis.
Homeo medicine for arthritis is based under totality of symptoms. In Homeo system we never use Steroids and Pain killers to treat arthritis. Regular Homeopathic medicines help to cure almost all type of arthritis problems
To get Homeopathy treatment for Arthritis
Please click the link